.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

TUESDAY TREASURE

Its been an amazing few months Ive had with deals on Craigslist...and this one might just take the cake!




Yes....this baby is my pride and joy.   I didnt have a spot for it, but since Ive been refinishing pieces for resale I thought this one would work.  Not to mention the fact that it was listed for $15.00  YESSIREE...I SAID 15 BUCKS!!


Now...here is the kicker!   I saw the ad and emailed back immediately, but lately Ive lost alot of great pieces (antiques in fact) to not calling the number listed.  Im really not a phone person if I dont know you. lol
But...I bit the bullet and called, a guy answers.  He tells me he literally just listed the piece. I tell him that I want it and we arrange a time to pick up 2 days later.

Now the next day I get an email asking if Im still interested...?????  Ummmmm YES.   Then the email says that someone else offered him higher that list price and willing to pay 20.00.  He wanted to give me the chance to counter offer i guess. lol 

Im a very determined and I guess competitive person.  I dont like to lose a good deal, so I agreed to the $20. and picked it up this past Thursday with my friend in tow for assistance.  We had to shove it into her Ford Explorer (tight fit) because my Expedition is in the shop (I lost out on a set of 6 alton chairs and 2 waterfall dressers this week because of my trucks issues).  

But in the end the hutch is on the deck and waiting to be sanded and painted.  Its supposed to go up for resale but my sister J who just moved into a newer bigger house said she liked it.  Soooo I think it will be a house warming gift for her if she really wants it.  Just need to know what color she would like it.  If not I will use it for the street fair to showcase pieces and then list it for resale.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a fabulous piece. I would definitely have bought it. I love it. YOur sister will be so lucky to get it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. great find and great price! I saw you stopped by today - I didn't move out of NJ - 2nd home in PA! Good luck with your move though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, it's gorgeous!! I would have grabbed this fast :) thanks for your visit, your so sweet
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    A big thanks for stopping by our blog! I'm so glad you liked the room we just did, we're very proud of it.

    We would absolutely love it if you featured our other project on your blog when we finish! As for selling things on Craigslist, I am already a Craigslist addict (most of the furniture in my own house is from craigslist!) so we will definitely be selling the stuff we don't need!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!