.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY.....FIREPLACE RE-DESIGN

I have a passion, love, addiction, disorder for taking things and transforming them.   Whether it is with paint or dismantling its parts or re-purposing it in a non-expected way.

I've decided to do a weekly feature post and call it TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY.  I wish I could do a linky party....but I haven't traveled to that side of blogland yet.   Maybe I can do some research and turn it into a weekly link up party.

Here is my 1st Transformation Tuesday project:


I found my fireplace on Craigslist last year when we first moved to the new house.    It was large which I liked but I wasn't thrilled that it was oak.

I finally decided during the other re-designs that I would tackle this project as well....so you all know how it looked before.



Here it is in it's original purchase condition

Some sanding was needed as you can see on the bottom left I tried just going right over......not happening!  I had to lightly sand the entire fireplace first.


Here is what it looked like the middle of my 50% trial..  I used Valspar Very Black.


Here it is now....

I'm very happy with the finish.....you can still see the woodgrain through the paint job. I kept the accessories very simple but still within our exotic island theme in the living room.  I think 90% of the accessories in my house are from Home Goods.   They just have the best selection of accessories for every color, theme, style!


Hope you will come back next week for the #2 TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY feature!

Linking to:

 The DIY Show Off




The Girl Creative











Furniture Feature Fridays



2 comments:

  1. Great Job!! love the fireplace. Very elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks so sleek and sophisticated now! and it makes so much more of a dramatic statement. nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!