.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

WHEN MY LOVE IS AWAY.................


My husband went on an overnight trip with the guys to Atlantic City.   While he was away I decided to do the Master Bedroom over.    I had already started to buy some items and stored them in a box.

I thought him returning home to a new room would be fun, and I just needed a reason to redo this room because I wasn't liking what we did when the new made came during the holidays.

The paint color is from Valspar Woodrow Wilson Linen and it was already painted months ago.   On my to do list for this room was:

Change curtains to burlap or linen fabric
Change bed linens
Change out husband's nightstand
Remove my nightstand altogether
Bring in wood shelving unit
Make Chalkboard out of old painting
Frame Bob Marley picture (gift from me to love years ago) Inspiration colors for the room
Hang handmade tin shelf piece
Bring in some romantic accessories
Declutter the top of husband's vintage dresser



MISSION ACCOMPLISHED...........................take a look!




One of my favorite photo object pieces by local artist 
A chalkboard I made from an old ugly painting


His side of the bed...less is more. lol


Vintage bamboo piece filled with lots of collected treasures


New curtains from IKEA, unfortunately I had to move one of my craft closets in here..but I have a plan to make it blend in better. 

HERE IS THE UPDATED LOOK NOW...

Vintage doors with my daughters custom made prom dress (all vintage lace)  on top is an antique wicker baby scale.



Ribbons hanging on the closet door hook, awesome throw blanket my sister Jenn gifted me.


This picture of Bob Marley was a gift I bought for my husband years ago when we were dating. It was the color inspiration for the room.

No...the B and M aren't for Bob Marley.    Those happen to be our initials...lol



Vintage metal tray I found at local flea market


Vintage dresser with added wall display


- MJ


Curtains - IKEA
Bedspread - IKEA
Sheets - Burlington Coat Factory
King Shams - Home Goods
Throw - Target
Vintage Dresser - Yard Sale
Wall shelf - DIY project
Photo Art - Val's Photo Art (valm36@AOL.com)







0 comments:

Post a Comment

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!