.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS................




Today is my Dad's birthday.....except he is not here to celebrate it with us this year.   You see, he passed away from Cancer a little over a year ago.

I don't like to say "lost his battle" because he fought hard for 12 years and beat so many different types of cancer.  It just kept coming back for him, he was stubborn but at last was taken to a better place.

 It was on my husband's birthday and 4 days before Christmas, needless to say we weren't interested in celebrating anything that  year.  This past Christmas wasn't much different except we were prepared for him not being here.

I get sad often, but I would rather be happy for the time he had here on earth with us.  I will forever remember our family vacations horseback riding up in New York State, to Wildwood and all the other fun stuff we did.

I wish some things could have been different, but everything happens for a reason.  It's all part of God's plan.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY POPS!!!!



David J. Belford III
1939- 2011


Here is a poem my brothers and I chose for his service

God saw he was getting tired
and a cure was not to be
So He put His arms around him
And whispered, "Come with Me."

With tearful eyes we watched 
him suffer

And saw him fade away.
Although we loved him dearly, 
We could not make him stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,

Hard working hands to rest.

God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.

- Author Unknown




- MJ

1 comment:

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!