.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

SPRING IN MY STEP...........

It's been a rough couple of months, but Ive finally got some momentum going and projects are coming in and I can focus on them.  Everything was on hold because of the move, but since that deal fell through we have decided to wait till next year.

So that means lots of Spring projects are upcoming, along with the Vintage Rentals and decorating clients projects too.




Here is a new are in the kitchen that I worked on over the weekend.   I moved out my big old metal mail holder into the soon to be finished "closet room".  More on that later this month.    After moving the metal piece I had this buffet but wasn't sure it would hold all of our dishes.   I have several sets that I use depending on what we are eating (strange I know...but hey I have a bit of a dish fetish)

We were looking for a new piece to go in the space, I searched Craigslist for a pie safe or a hutch style cabinet.    NOTHING!   Booooo    So I decided let's give this buffet a shot, I do like it alot and it's a really good piece.   It is a Pennington Pine piece and the wood is so substantial and I just like it alot.

Out came the CeCe Caldwells Chalk Paint and a brush and I went to work..... 


1 hour later I was done. Gave it a little rub down and on to the vignette part of it all.




HOPE YOU ALL LIKE MY SPRINGTIME VIGNETTE...............




This hutch was given to me by a friend for the shop to display items...it worked perfect above the buffet area.   I always have a seasonal display somewhere in the house.



My handmade wood garland on twine looks great with my collection of vintage tart/jello molds and cookie cutters.



Love this hand-painted ceramic piece I found at a thrift shop last year



Some pretty paper garland courtesy of Martha Stewart atop a big glass jar filled with "grass"



My bunnies...the 3 in the center Ive had for years and represented my 3 children.  Now I need to find another 2 to make party of 5.



Mr. Rabbit with an old duck egg colored basket which is holding napkins and dessert plates. Ceramic bunnies hold grass and painted eggs.



Here is a view of the buffet and the tabletop display



Here is the new seasonal vignette area in the kitchen.


This area will be great to display my favorite things during the holidays and it's functional too.  The buffet top lifts up on both side to a nice size for serving food.   Bottom area hold a ton of dishes..I have 6 sets in there right now...and my smaller dessert dishes in the bottom drawer.  


Im very happy........sometimes you gotta shop your own house and use what you already have!

- MJ


0 comments:

Post a Comment

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!