.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WORD WEDNESDAY.....ART ON THE CHEAP...

Very rarely am I wordless.....so let's try something new this week.

Most of you know....I love me some burlap.    I recently gave some to my sister and she did an awesome typography project for her living room.

(my sister's work)




Well you know I had to give it a try cause I also love me some letters and typography.

Here is what you will need:

Burlap bag, feed bag, burlap material
Craft paint
Wooden letter magnets

These are my supplies...yep 3 things


Here is the final product...it was made for a friend.


I mean it really doesnt get much easier than this....I picked my main word FAMILY and then just worked their names out of it.    Kinda Scrabble-like! lol

I decided to use the magnets and not a stencil because it's easy to see this way and you dont risk getting paint elsewhere as if you would moving stencil around (I hate that )

This could really be done with any fabric or even paper, but I just like the look and its a great piece for the home.


-MJ





freckled laundry







4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! I am SO doing this! Thank you for the idea!
    Have I told you lately how FABULOUS you are??

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWW...thanks Kels! By the way the magnets are from Dollar Tree so you can get a couple of packs for multiple letters.

    Why is it all my fab ladies are 2-3 states away from me :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, LOVE IT...I've been looking for thing to do in the kids room and this looks like an awesome idea :)

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!