.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

WHO ME......JUDGE???????

On Saturday I had the pleasure of being asked to judge a local contest.   Well....not just any contest.   It was the Woodbridge Township Greenable Museum Recycled Art Contest.  

I was very excited to be asked and was blown away but the exhibits at our local museum.  This museum is located in our local mall and it was my 1st time there since it opened.

Here are some photos I took before the contestants arrived with their parents.



Live plants growing in PVC


Jeans as insulation...wow I thought I had some denim recycling ideas


Examples of how long things take to decompose and will sit in landfills


This is one of my favorites...just because 


ABC's of going GREEN


All of the kids who participated were talented and their projects were amazing.  However the other 2 judges and I could only select 3 winners.    Winners were picked on the creativity and most use of recycled items.

HERE ARE THE WINNERS



1st Prize - Chris Negron from Woodbridge High School 
His project was the Tree of Life...his verbal description of his project and inspiration was amazing and he put alot of thought into it and it is truly a wonderful example of recycled art.



2nd Prize - The Avenel Middle School Art Class (a group of approximately 8+ students) who came up this fantastic guy Ernie the Earth Guy.  They collected trash from their own school and put together this fabulous specimen. 


3rd prize went to a lovely young lady named Juliana but she was gone before I could get her photo.  She made the Cherrios Ballerina on the back left.   She used a lot of recycled materials and had a lot of detail.


I was so honored to be apart of this contest, and amazed by the talent of these children and their knowledge and passion for going GREEN.


Thanks to the Greenable Museum, Mayor McCormac, Kelly Reidy, Caroline Ehrlich for inviting to be apart of this special event in our wonderful GREEN town.


- MJ







2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun day! Stopping by to say hi..thank you for leaving such lovely comments on my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun and purposeful day...and I like one of your favorites too ;-)

    Thanks for sharing...and OF COURSE you would be a judge...sounds like they have good taste.

    Big hug
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!