.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'VE GOT SOMETHING YOU WILL LOVE.....

Any of you who follow me....know that lately I have been raving about a publication called FOLK Magazine.  I became a fan late last year while up browsing the web.  I was drawn to a photo and clicked the link and there they were.    I browsed through the blog and then searched them on FACEBOOK and it has been a fast love affair ever since.

Im not one to jump on a band wagon, Im more of a blaze your own trail kinda chick.    Im sure there are fans, followers of FOLK out there but Im a fan for what they stand for....for what they share in their magazine.

They have only been out since Sept 2011 and if you take the time you will see why they have now been picked up to go National....yes they will be in your local grocery store and book store chains soon!



I signed up to be in the Business Directory for Issue V because I relate to their concept because it is everything that I have thought of in my concept for my own shop.   They support American made, they support handmade and that to me speaks volumes and probably to many others with the news of their increasing growth.

I had the chance to preview Issue V and I'm in awe and can't wait to sit in the shop and have it in my hands to truly admire the photos that speak to me and read the text to learn the history and stories.   I am actually planning on carrying FOLK in my shop because I  believe the people in my community will love it!   My shop is on Main Street in my town and the people are all about community and USA, and that is FOLK.



Issue V is filled with countless pages of not only beautiful photos that don't even need words, you can automatically get a feeling and be put in a setting or mood.   Like the page about porches with an American flag in a Coca-Cola bottle who doesn't get a sense of pride when seeing a photo like that.



Or the opportunities given to showcase small businesses around the country and how they take pride in their American made products and their shops.     They give the spotlight to the new, the fresh, the undiscovered gems all around this great country who are just trying to make a living by selling some good homemade and handmade product.  And for that.....I say Thank You!

FOLK gives you a glimpse into so many areas...they show you shopping spots, travel destinations, they share fabulous food recipes and stories, they cover music and art and so much more.  It truly is a magazine that has something for everyone.   This is coming from a girl born and raised in the city...seriously Tri-state area in the North East and yet I'm drawn in because I have a love for the concept, for the simple way of life.   I tell my friends and I write it here all the time....I was meant to live in the country and in the South.

So if I can't live there right now, at least I can live through the pages of FOLK.   This is not your typical decor  magazine, it's a lifestyle!  It is not filled with commercial products and ads....the advertisements are those of the very people that FOLK supports.  Small businesses, artisans and shop owners like myself who you now have a chance to discover.   You won't find famous celebrity articles, you will find REAL people, and DIY'rs like Donna Williams who share their passion and art for the simple and sweet life too.  Not someone who is styling in every publication and will say good things about whatever product they are given...that is business not the truth.  FOLK is the truth...it's in the pages.

I hope you all will take the time to check out the preview I have linked below and I would love your feedback if it's not everything I just said that it was.  

You can see the Issue V preview HERE

I'm thinking maybe a FOLK giveaway might be in the works too for the Issue V release!  


As a matter of fact, I think we need to do it now!   


REAL SIMPLE - 7 days.    If the world was created in 7 days then we can do this in 7 days.   Winner will be chosen a receive a copy at release...


1.  Be a Lucky 7 Design blog follower
2.  Be a  FOLK blog follower HERE
3.  Follow FOLK on Facebook HERE


That's it....we are keeping it simple.   If you want to go ahead and share on Twitter and Facebook then leave separate comments and that will be extra entries!!!!   


For those of you who can't wait then here is where you can go to subscribe to FOLK and check out their own giveaway they have running too...http://americanfolklife.blogspot.com/p/buying-folk-magazine.html



-MJ


2 comments:

  1. That's awesome girl! I will check this out again tomorrow when I'm not on my phone ;) you're going places, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Lucky 7 on GFC. Please count me in.

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!