.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I AM CELEBRATING .................CELEBRATORI


Where to start....well Im a 70s baby so I grew on Dynasty, Beverly Hills 90210, Melrose Place....so of course I was a fan of Tori Spelling.    My mother and I would watch episodes of Dynasty and then I of course watched 'Donna Martin' and her friends grow up.

Now at the age of 40 and a mother of 5 Im still watching a Spelling show...Tori Spelling and her fabulous husband Dean along with their beautiful babies and every loyal and creative crew of friends.    She is amazing and so inspiring even though I am technically 2 years older than her.

In some way our lives as different as we may be have had some similarities along the way.   Marriage, Divorce, Happiness, Family dispute, Business, Pregnancy,Crafting, Babies, Parties, more Babies, Reconciliation, New Business, more babies...lol     We were pregnant again this year together...strange.   I respect her hustle, determination and just her in general.

Today she was in New Jersey on her press tour for her new book, now I have read her previous books but I have been waiting on this book since it was shown in the Tori & Dean season.   I relate to her party planning and love the fact that she is sharing the basics and the DIY aspect of parties.

I took my 17 year old daughter Gabriella with me and we drove about 1 hour north of where we live, stood on line for a little over 1 hour outside and I met a great woman Christine and her daughter...so funny how love of a childhood favorite can bring grown women together and get us all giddy.



Gabriella & I with our copy of CelebraTORI


Christine & Alexa with Tori


She was gorgeous in that coral/tangerine dress.


Lean in for the close up...poor thing is pregnant and had to lean in for photos every 5 mins.  She loved the ring I was wearing, she asked if I made it I told her that I didn't but it's from my new shop and a fabulous vendor friend of mine did.    I wish I would have given it to her!   She signed my book, one of my shop post cards (for my wall) and my daughter's iPhone. lol   

She was like "Seriously????  I don't want to ruin your phone.  My daughter is like "no it's fine". lol   And she did.


We gave her an Autism Awareness bracelet and she immediately put it on her arm and told me that her & Dean support Autism organizations and do the run.!   Bravo McDermott's...love ya!

She signed in purple, she coordinates her signing to her books...gotta love her!


So in 2012, I  turned 40....opened my very own shop......and got to meet one of my favorite people in the entertainment world.   I don't want to call her a celebrity because she is so humble, sweet and so much more than that.

Please go out and get a copy of this fabulous book.......I have gone through it twice already since Im home and I read it while waiting on line outside the book store.


THANK YOU TO TORI SPELLING FOR ALWAYS BEING TRUE TO YOUR FANS....AND FOR BEING THE FABULOUS PARTY PLANNER THAT YOUR MOM INSPIRED YOU TO BE!



-MJ





0 comments:

Post a Comment

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!