.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

TIME TO SADDLE UP....AND KEEP RIDING!

Well this is the 1st post of 2012....my last post wasn't so fun (my father had just passed) and I kinda just put blogging aside.

Well it's time to saddle up again, I have big plans for 2012 and I need to make it happen.   Im in the process of opening my own physical brick & mortar shop.   I like the word shop rather than store, it feels more inviting to me....a store is where you buy your groceries. lol

Things are going well, I have met with some officials in my town to discuss the opening of the shop and it's concept.   The shop name is Lucky 7 Design    Eco-Friendly Home Interiors.  The concept of the store is to showcase furniture pieces repurposed and redesigned for today's use and therefore keeping a recycling and green concept.

I have gathered up some of my favorite artisans/crafters from coast to coast and their lines will be available in the shop.   They all have a unified concept and business mindset and I want to share that with my community here in Woodbridge, New Jersey.

My town goverment officials are huge believers in the GREEN concept and way of life.    Our Mayor has put into place some fantastic resources and we are all hoping Lucky 7 Design will be apart of that plan soon.

Classes & Workshops will be offered at the shop spotlighting ways to decorate GREEN and also how to recycle and repurpose items.

I will also be hosting a children's class once a month and teach children that there is really more to recycling that separating trash into different bins.   Each month will we create something from a spotlighted item.

I hope you all will join me in this wonderful journey, as the time gets closer I will of course share with you all of the wonderful vendors who have signed on to be apart of this dream of mine.

I leave you with some inspiring photos of my visions for the shop and the window displays and that downtown Main Street feel.





All images found through Google.


WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.


- MJ





2 comments:

  1. I know it will happen!!!! One day at a time, one step at a time!! Sounds awesome!!

    Don't forget to take photos all along the way so we can follow along!
    Blessings MJ!!!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the look of that first window!! YOU can do that (and even better!!) in a heartbeat! All the best to you and your family for a safe, healthy and loving new year. And may it be prosperous for you too!! Yes - it is time to saddle up and keep riding! Cheers to you!

    Happy New Year Jersey Girl!!
    xo Luv ya!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!