.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

THRIFTY THURSDAY....Ricordando il mio Nonni

Well...Thanksgiving is next Thursday!!!  Can you believe it, well I guess you can.   From working in retail for years Im so use to being a season ahead, however my family & friends find it funny that I already have my tree up with lights on (no ornaments yet tho...that happens the weekend of Thanksgiving!

I thought I would share with you a thrifty idea for Christmas.    Last night I was photographing holiday items for the shop and this is a little vignette.

This tree is from my Nonna's house and it smells of eucalyptus...It actually goes in the kitchen.   Her father, my great grandfather Nonno Nicola was a pastry chef and owner a bakery in Brooklyn back in the 1930's.    I love my family heritage and tradition so this year again in honor of him..... I took some vintage cookie press discs and tied them onto Italian Linen clothes all cut up.


Perfect little culinary display for the holidays



You could use colored ribbon or twine too.


I think it's a thrifty little idea with a lot of meaning!


BUON NATALE......Ricordando il mio Nonni



Stay tuned for sneak peeks of items that will be at my Holiday Boutique, December 9th at Lucky 7 Design studio.


-MJ


0 comments:

Post a Comment

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!