.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

TABLETOP TUESDAY...Honor,Gratitude,Tribute

In honor of Veteran's Day I thought I would share this little section of our home.  It is a downstairs area right outside our the football 'Cowboys Cave' room.

I created it for my husband as a tribute to his service, the United States Marine Corps. and to all the servicemen and women in our military.

A photo of his on deployment day with our then 18 month old daughter.   Also a photo of him with the 100+ U.S. Marines deployed in Iraq.  His promotion certifications along with a handmade USMC Angels sign sent to me from one of the Marines who was an artist.

I founded a non-profit called USMC Angels and sent tons of boxes overseas to the Marines and I also sent him some artist supplies, he in return sent me a great letter and a sign both written on cardboard that was cut from their food boxes.

PLEASE DO NOT LET IT BE ONLY ONCE A YEAR.....that you only recognize the U.S. Military and their families for the sacrifices that they make.  My husband is home, but I make sure that I take the time to thank veteran's when I see them no matter what day it is.







GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES MILITARY.



-MJ




""/>



3 comments:

  1. MJ...this is a beautiful post! I really don't know how you military families do it....very special sacrifices..those of us outside the military have no clue about!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless all who have serve & are serving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless all of our Service Men and Women and all of our Veterans. Great post. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!