.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

FURNITURE FRIDAY...........AN OLD HOOSIER


This will be a quick sneak peak because I'm still working on this piece.   I purchased this from a man on Craigslist and it belonged to his deceased father.  I've always wanted a Hoosier cabinet and I finally found one at a STEAL! (seriously I had to contain myself when he gave me the price)



This is it in its original state, a grey enamel paint covered the whole thing....it ugly.


This is Hoosier now after a nice clean coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Olde White.



I'm considering painted the inset of the top doors to match the Talavera tile I have from Mexico.  The color scheme of our back deck is red,turquoise,blue,green,gold



-MJ



Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy! What a huge job, go you! Love the white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!
    I had one, and my momma still has hers. Does yours have the flour cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies.....

    @StardustSavannah....unfortunately the lid is gone but it does have the track inside the drawer. I love them I would love to do a party with everyone sharing their Hoosier's.

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job you turned something old and dingy into beauty.

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!