.

.
CLICK HERE FOR WEBSITE

Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SOMETIMES EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO......

You have to paint a good vintage piece......here is that instance.


Here is one of my trips...you can see the Imperial hall table back left.  I purchased it from a woman who was  selling her mother's estate items.  Those 3 tables were all from her.



I brought it to the shop and left it in original condition.  Painted a vintage mirror to match...and it got some good looks but no takers.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...in my many years as a retail merchandiser I know when something doesn't sell you re-merchandise it or take it off the floor.


What do you think I did???



Yep I took it off the floor.....but only temporarily to paint it. (LOL)

You can only merchandise something so much, if it's not selling it's got to go.

Well here is the new redesigned table.  I did in a two tone with 1st a undercoating of Maine Harbor Blue then  a top coat of Memphis Blue by CeCe Caldwell's Paints.

I so excited at the two-tone makeover and the fact that I have become such a fan of blue since using this paint line.  It's shows in the shop and now in my home too.

So...........if you have a piece that is tired...... redesign it with some paint and new accessories.



-MJ



4 comments:

  1. Love it! I never know when to paint something and when to leave it. I guess that is knowledge that comes with experience:-)

    Cheri ~ The Restless Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never know when to paint or not to paint. I guess that is knowledge that comes with experience:-)

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bunch of pieces that are staring at me, desperate for paint. I "What If" myself into the ground!!! What if I ruin it? What if I don't like it? What if I never have time to undo what I did? sigh...I love the new look, even though I did catch my breath when I realized you were gonna paint it...The more modern stuff doesn't bother me. If it has some age on it...I balk! xoxox ☻

    ReplyDelete

God don't like ugly! Neither do I...so if you dont have something nice to say.....keep it to yourself!